When it's warm during the summer, you want to eat lighter. Since you're eating less, make sure the foods you're getting are high in nutrients to keep up with increased calorie demand that comes from being in hot weather. Fruit and yogurt parfaits are a perfect summer breakfast or snack: high nutrition, cool and super personalizable - so everyone gets exactly what they want in their cup and nothing they don't.
- Organic vanilla yogurt
- Fresh or frozen-and-defrosted berries
- Granola (we like granola from Cascadian Farms like this one: Organic dark chocolate almond Granola)
- Set out ingredients in their own bowls with their own spoons.
- Let your family take turns layering the ingredients they want into their glasses.
This recipe originally appeared as a guest post at B-Inspired Mama where I am a regular contributor. If you are looking for great activities, crafts and food to make with your kids be sure to check her out!
I'm partnering with more bloggers to bring you even more summer recipes:
- Great-Grandma's "Secret-Ingredient" Potato Salad
- Blueberry Pie Bars
- Watermelon Green Tea
- Independence Day Cranberry Pop Rocks Mocktail
- Fruit Pizza
- Zucchini Recipes
- Grilled Pizza
- Fruit Yogurt Parfaits
- Root Beer Float Popsicles
- Watermelon Smoothie
- Refreshing Summer Noodle Salad
- Frozen Banana Rum Cocktails
- Coke Float Popsicles
- Peach Cobbler Cupcakes
- Lemon Picnic Pasta
- Sand Castle Rice Krispies
- Frozen Chocolate Bananas
- BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Watermelon Berry Chia Seeds Pops
- Fresh Summer Melon Ideas
- How to cut a watermelon
- And, even more Favorite Summer Recipes
Do you like this post? Consider subscribing to our weekly newsletter!