Easter egg decorating has come a long way since I was a kid! We used to buy dye tablet and just plunk boiled eggs into some dye water and call it good. If we got really fancy, we might add some stickers or use a special clear crayon on the egg before dying.
These are not the Easter eggs of your childhood!
Here are two dozen great egg decorating tutorials that will help you bring your A game to Easter decor this year.
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND: Eggshells are porous. If you paint something on a boiled egg, any toxins in the medium will get into the egg. If you would not eat it, don't put it on a boiled egg. Instead, blow out eggs while baking in the kitchen and decorate the hollow shells instead. If you treat them gently, you'll be able to save them and use them from year to year! Alternately, use paper mache eggs - they'll be more sturdy.
5. Washi Tape Easter Eggs from Better Homes & Gardens.
6. Washi Tape Chevron Easter Eggs from Lovely Indeed.
7. Washi Tape & Glitter Tape Easter Eggs from Centsational Girl.
8. Washi Tape Egg Wreath from Tatertots and Jello .
(this project is for a wreath but use the same technique on loose eggs for a cheerful look!)
Marker Easter Eggs from Better Homes & Gardens.
10. Patterned Easter Eggs with Silk Ties from Creative Green Living.
11. Lace Easter Eggs from Celebrating Everyday Life.
12. Painted Eggs from A Creative Mint.
14. Swirly Palette Painted Eggs from Parents.com.
15. Speckled Eggs from Crafts by Amanda.
16. Chalkboard Easter Eggs from Grinning Cheek to Cheek.
Confetti Covered Easter Eggs from She Makes a Home.
18. Easy Silhouette Easter Eggs from Rook No. 17.
19. Paper Mache Confetti Easter Eggs from Henry Happened.
20. French Script Easter Eggs from Setting for Four.
How to Dye Eggs with Shaving Cream from A Thrifty Mom.
22. Dictionary Stamped Eggs from First Home Love Life.
23. Temporary Tattoo Easter Eggs from Uncommon Designs.
24. Colorful Easter Eggs with Melted Crayons from SAS Interiors.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Do you like this post? Consider subscribing to our newsletter!
Our blog newsletter offers the convenience of email delivery but only goes out every 10-14 days.