I love how much variety there is in the world of green smoothies. You can make a smoothie that tastes green or you can make a green smoothie that isn't even green at all (like the sneaky green smoothie). This smoothie is more of an intermediate green smoothie - it's clearly green and while you can taste a bit of of the green as you drink it, the overall flavor profile is tropical and delightful. Even my four year old loves it!
- 1 1/2 cups fresh watermelon chunks
- Juice of one lime
- 1 large handful of fresh baby spinach*
- 2 sprigs of fresh curly parsley*
- 2 sprigs of fresh mint*
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries*
- 1 cup frozen pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1/2 cup green tea or coconut water as needed
*Creative Green Living recommends purchasing organic options for these ingredients to avoid persistent pesticides
Nutrition information is approximate and may vary based on the freshness and brand of your ingredients. Nutrition information calculated at: Calorie Count.
- Add the watermelon, lime juice, spinach, parsley and mint to blender and blend for several minutes until very smooth and no green chunks remain.
- Add frozen strawberries, pineapple and mango and blend. If the smoothie is very thick or becomes difficult to blend, add green tea or coconut water a 1/4 cup at a time until the desired consistency is reached.