We are working on a second round of Whole 30 and some mornings are just so crazy busy it's all I can do to make some scrambled eggs. These muffins are super easy to make and are freezable. Just pop them in the microwave to warm them up and top with some guacamole. Of course everything is better when served with a side of bacon - and these are no exception! If you're not doing Whole 30 or if you're on a modified Paleo diet, these would also be delicious with a sprinkling of cheddar and some sour cream.
- 9 eggs*
- 8 ounces cooked sausage* (I used 2 of the pre-cooked organic chicken Italian sausages from Costco), diced or crumbled.
- 1 small red bell pepper*, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
*I recommend buying these ingredients organic where available to avoid pesticides, GMOs and questionable farming practices.
Nutrition information is calculated per-muffin, is approximate and may vary based on the freshness and brand of your ingredients. Nutrition information calculated at: Calorie Count.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Whisk eggs in a medium bowl. Mix in diced meat and vegetables.
- Line a muffin tin with Silicone Baking Cups and spray with olive oil.
- Fill cups to just below the rim and bake 18-25 minutes.
- Serve hot with guacamole or allow to cool completely before removing from baking cups and placing in a large zipper bag to store in the freezer.