Roasted red peppers are divine. They are the perfect addition to soups, sandwiches and warm salads. And they are a cinch to make! Just a bit of time in the oven, and you will have some fabulous homemade roasted red peppers! These are perfect for an easy dive into home cooking!
- 2-3 red bell peppers*
*Creative Green Living recommends purchasing organic peppers whenever possible in order to avoid pervasive, hard to wash off, pesticides. I've also got easy tips for how to grow your own peppers at home!
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Take a cookie sheet or baking pan and line it with tin foil. Place your washed bell peppers on the tin foil.
3. Cook your bell peppers in the oven for about 40 minutes, rotating them every 7-10 minutes. The bell peppers will begin to blacken on each side. When most of the skin is wrinkly, blackened and blistered, remove from the oven.
4. Immediately wrap them in the tin foil and place them on a drying rack, or a cutting board and let it cool for 30 minutes.
5. Unwrap the bell peppers. On a cutting board, slice the top off the bell pepper.
6. Gently cut the white stem and seeds away from the fleshy red part of the pepper.
7. On the outside of the pepper, carefully peel away the blackened skin, leaving the soft red underneath exposed. Discard the skin.
8. Slice into 1/2 inch pieces and enjoy!
9. Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days
Landen runs Measure and Whisk, a cooking blog with a focus on real food. She is a firm believer that quality is superior to quantity, and prefers small amounts of good food over large quantities of cheap food. Deeply disappointed in cheap bacon, she prefers to buy $6 bacon less frequently. Because of this, she typically cooks vegetarian meals for her family.
Her blog also features photos of her baby, Fox, and suggestions on how to live an eco-friendly and minimalist life, both in and out of the kitchen. Follow her on Pinterest and Instagram for beautiful food photos and pictures of baby Fox.
Do you like this post? Consider subscribing to our newsletter!
Our blog newsletter offers the convenience of email delivery but only goes out 1-2 times a month.
(You'll also get a link to download our 18 page e-book for free!)